FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CAMIMH supports 10th annual Bell Let’s Talk Day
OTTAWA (January 29, 2020) – The Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health (CAMIMH) is proudly supporting the 10th annual Bell Let’s Talk Day today. CAMIMH is encouraging all Canadians to talk, text and join in on social media to show that any action, big or small, can help bring positive change for Canadians.
“CAMIMH is proud to participate in Bell Let’s Talk Day. Our members know that positive change starts with conversation and action. By joining today’s important national discussion, we can all help drive more funding from Bell Let’s Talk for the millions of Canadians affected by mental health challenges every day,” said CAMIMH co-chair Mark Ferdinand.
Bell Let’s Talk has supported CAMIMH’s public awareness initiatives for the past eight years, and has been an integral partner in helping our members work towards achieving better, more accessible mental health services for all Canadians.
“As the national voice for 16 health associations, we are looking forward to participating in this national conversation about mental health on Bell Let’s Talk Day. CAMIMH is calling on members and Canadians alike to come together today and continue making a difference,” said CAMIMH co-chair Florence Budden.
On Bell Let’s Talk Day, everyone is invited to join the conversation by sending messages of support across multiple platforms to drive awareness and action in mental health. Bell donates 5 cents to Canadian mental health programs for each of these communications, at no cost to participants beyond what they would normally pay their service providers for online or phone access:
- Talk: Every mobile and every long-distance call made by Bell wireless and phone customers
- Text: Every text message sent by Bell wireless customers
- Twitter: Every tweet and retweet using #BellLetsTalk, featuring the special Bell Let’s Talk emoji, and every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at com/Bell_LetsTalk
- Facebook: Every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at com/BellLetsTalk and every use of the Bell Let’s Talk frame
- Instagram: Every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at com/Bell_LetsTalk
- Snapchat: Every use of the Bell Let’s Talk filter and every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view
- YouTube: Every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at com/BellCanada
For more information about CAMIMH and its campaigns, please visit: camimh.ca
For media inquiries and more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 647-317-9057