Each year the Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health (CAMIMH) recognizes 7 Canadians whose work has helped to advance the mental health agenda across the country. These remarkable people are recognized at our annual Champions of Mental Health Awards Gala.
This year, nominations will be accepted in the following categories:
- The Sharon Johnston Champion of Mental Health Award for Youth – Any Canadian 21 and younger who has shown leadership in his or her community in promoting mental health and/or mental illness awareness, or any organization dedicated to providing services for youth
- Media – Any media personality or outlet who has contributed to public awareness of mental health or mental illness awareness
- Workplace Mental Health – Any employer or employee who has contributed to creating a mentally healthy workplace for staff
- Community Organization – Any organization that has provided great public service to community members experiencing mental illness
- Community Individual – Any person, who through personal commitment, has increased awareness about mental illness or reduced stigma in his or her community
- Parliamentarian – Any provincial or federal Parliamentarian who has advanced the mental health agenda in Canada
- Innovation – Researcher or Clinician – An innovative person or organization that through their work has advanced the mental health agenda in Canada
Nominations will open mid-January and will be accepted until late February. To stay up to date with CAMIMH and the Champions of Mental Health, you can sign up for our e-newsletter.